wow. look how long i’ve been absent from writing on this blog. everytime i promise myself to be more diligent, i fell behind and ignore it longer than i’d like.
to be fair a lot has been going on since i last wrote. (yeah yeah i keep saying that). here are some in no particular order:
– we went back to my parents’ house halfway across the world. i went back ahead with the kids and my sister so we could stay for a month before my husband came to join us. it was fun. i got to meet friends, eat all the food i craved for and etc. the going back home is kind of a drag. we touched down in jacksonville airport and immediately checked into a hotel near the airport and slept for 12 hours straight.
– i actually joined my husband prior to him coming to indo on a liveaboard trip to similan islands in thailand. i took that chance to get my diving license. overall it was a great experience. the boat was newly renovated. the crews, local and the diving masters, were fantastic and friendly. the food on board were .. how can i say this .. deliciously homey! at least to me. i ate quite a lot on board. funnily enough there was a virus outbreak in the boat, and several people got sick. husband got sick after we got off the boat (we got off 2pm, he got sick, like, immediately after dinner that day). he spent the next day dry heaving and retching. thankfully i didn’t get any. i spent that day walking around and finding good (and cheap) local food vendor to eat. delicious. i love thai food. and durian. i ate a lot of durian that day.
– olivia starts talking already. by talking i didn’t mean words but (somewhat) complete sentences. her favorites so far:
“mama.. i faww dawwnn… i faw dawnn mama..” (i fall down, mama)
“mommy, whes papwik?” (mommy, where’s patrick?)
“O do, et in!” (open the door, let me in)
“come oon.. i sho yu samp ping..” (come on, i show you something)
– the yard is completely covered with leaves right now. we didn’t have the energy to gather the leaves. the trees are still not completely bald yet, so we decided to wait until all the leaves are down.
– after almost 3 weeks being back i still haven’t unpack the suitcases yet. they’re sitting in the
junk room formal dining room but i just can’t bring myself to do it. too lazy!
– i started exercising regularly. surprise! i’ve been feeling a bit overweight for the past few months and wanted to lose weight but kept putting it off until we get back. so far i’ve been doing wii fit and a bit of jogging every now and then. not bad. i actually like it. let’s see how long i can keep this up. my short goal is to lose 10lbs (more or less) in 3 months. i was interested in buying a wii zumba but after casual consideration i decided to buy wrist weights instead.
– speaking of jogging / running, it seems like now running is a trendy thing to do. everybody’s doing it. like rollerblading in the 80s (or was it 70s?) i don’t run very well, and i don’t call myself a runner. i, however, am a good walker. i can walk for miles and miles with the right song compilations on my ipod.
i’ll post some photos the minute i can be bothered long enough to move them from my phone to my laptop. knowing me, it could be months before i eventually do that. LOL.